RSS
This is a blog devoted to building a BGI Diversity video

KEEP IT MOVIN'!


Hey BGI Div-Vid Team!

I've posted in the Dropbox our Monday meeting notes and the revised storyboard doc with timings on it.  The meeting notes' "tasks" section is pasted below.

Sorry for the delay, unfortunately I was dependent upon the Elluminate recording for our notes, but the audio was on Skype (duh!).  So I may have left out a lot of stuff, please post anything critical that I might have forgotten or gotten incorrect.

Here's the basic process rundown of what we are trying to do this week to meet Gifford deadline.  ITS A LOT, so we need to really be on it:

1. Organize video content and notes
    a. Van Jones DVDs and remaining interviews
2. Organize pictures in Dropbox
3. Justin to create slideshow montage video
4. Desiree and Allen to create video generally based on timings from walkthrough, using Justin’s slideshow montage
    a. Do not worry too much about matching the music timing.  Can be done without music at this stage
5. Zack to help place the music and adjust it so the timing of things works out right
6. Go back and make necessary video edits and adjustments resulting from music placement
7. Rough cut for Gifford by Monday

Let's get movin'!!!!

- Zack

 TASKS
1. Desiree or Allen to get Van Jones commencement video from Mickey Lee
2. Desiree and Allen to finish going through the videos (interviews and Van Jones pieces)
3. Everyone help organize photos on Dropbox
    a. Can be placed in “Great Pics” folder on the Dropbox
    b. Optionally also placed in the “Studious” or “Fun” sub-folders
4. Allen to cut videos down into the times Desiree and Allen had specifically listed
    a. Storing the originals on his computer, clearing out some space on the Dropbox
5. Justin to make the photo montage/slideshow video and post on Dropbox
    a. Somewhat matching the rhythm of the slideshow to the music
6. Desiree and Allen pull together first draft of video using sections of Justin’s photo slideshow to place in video along with suitable audio clips
7. Zack to help place the music and adjust it so the timing of things works out right
8. Zack to provide revised storyboard doc with updated times placed on it.
9. Zack to send out meeting wizard to settle on time for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday meetings
10. Everyone respond to the Meeting Wizard sent by Zack

4 comments:

ZT said...

FYI, I went through all the pics and moved many of them into our "Great Pics" folder.
Within that I put them into 1 of 4 folders:
- "Fun"
- "Studious"
- "School Setting"
- "Van Commencement"

I also create a "Lo-Res(Thumbnails?)" folder for pics that were tiny, lo-res files, probably not usable. I thought they might actually be thumbnails of full size picture files. If they are, that means the high-res versions are out there if we want them.

I am a little concerned that we do not have enough pictures or that there are too many of the same people, but overall there's lots of good stuff there.

Justin Fogle said...

Hey all,

I spent a slew of time on graphics today. I have just exported a video section I was working on in iMovie for this. I built the picture collage that I was talking about along with a temporary wordle picture in there. If the wordle is to stay, we are going to need to use the exact count from our interviews to be accurate. I hope you like it so far. I would love to know the quotes that we will be using so that to align the picture with the person talking... Just a thought.

Justin

Browngirl said...

I've done a little work with Wordle this morning and had a back-up idea to animating the words into the screen.
Essentially I used ALL the text that Allen and I have gathered from the clips to make the wordle (cut and paste it in), was nicely surprised with the results, actually more so than when I tried to make one by listing specific highlighted words. I've made 9 of them. My alternative idea is that we actually show this as a slide show. The same words are there, but seeing them in different shapes helps you to see different words that come out.

Justin if you want to create another wordle, just use the text from column F in "interview notes"

Browngirl said...

Note- i still like the animation idea, but this is just in case that will take a lot more time than we have.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 BGI Diversity Video Work. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy